Welcome to Weddir.com where you can find everything you need to start planning for the big day. This month’s featured article reveals the step by step questions to ask your wedding consultant when you are searching for one.
We hope this helps you make an informed decision on who to choose and which company to hire…
Interview With The Wedding Consultant – Things To Ask
When you are considering hiring a wedding consultant to help you plan your big day, do you know what to look for and ask them? Well, if you don’t, don’t worry! We do, and here is a list of things that you need to make sure and ask each wedding consultant that you are considering:
- How many weddings have they done?
- How many weddings did they do in the last year?
- Do they have a business license for wedding consulting?
- Do they carry insurance?
- How long have they been in the wedding consulting business?
- Do they belong to any special organizations?
- Do they accept any type of referral fees or commissions? (If yes, this is not a wedding consultant that you need to hire.)
- Are they certified? If yes, find out who they are certified through.
- Do they require that clients sign a contract? If yes, ask for a copy to look through before you make your decision.
- Ask the consultant for a few referrals from vendors who they work with currently. Make sure that they have a good reputation with these vendors. If not, this is not a wedding consultant that you want to hire.
- What is they policy if they can’t make it to the wedding on the wedding day? Do they have a back up person or other staff members to help them?
- What all will they do for you?
- Can you meet with them individually, or do they just work on everything without you?
- Can they work with your budget or will that have to be flexible?
- How much do they charge and how? Example: by meeting, phone conversation, by the hour, etc.
- When and how often do you get updates on how the planning is coming?
- How will you be able to communicate with the consultant during the process? Email, phone, weekly meetings, etc.
- Can they commit to being at the rehearsal and the wedding? Is their presence at the wedding and rehearsal included in their price or extra?
- What exactly is included in their overall price, and can you get it in writing?
- What is their normal wedding attire that they wear to weddings?
Of course, these are just some of the main questions that you should ask any wedding consultant that you are interviewing. You should also be able to come up with many of your own questions, and don’t hesitate to write them down if you are afraid that you’ll forget. The wedding consultant should make you feel completely comfortable and confident in their abilities to do what you want for your wedding.
If they don’t, don’t hire them!